Saturday, January 3, 2009

and then one day, i just felt like runnin' ~forrest gump

running has always been my outlet, my escape. just like that new balance commercial (go look for it on youtube), me and running have had a love-hate relationship over the years and there was definitely a stretch in my life where i neglected the one thing that i needed in my life. i would still run, but it felt like a chore...go out and get in my two miles so i didn't feel like a total slob.
so recently, i have made an effort to restore the relationship i have had with the feeling of pounding out mile after mile until i can't think anymore. these distances have been the place where i can think, not talk, just be me for however long i need. so i went and ran six miles today... really ran too... no treadmills, no elliptical, no run/walk business... i just settled myself in for a long run and did it... boy do i feel better.
and i plan to never get to a point where i have been away from my friend for so long ever again.

1 comment:

Lane Moore said...

Go girl! i did this the other day as well...I did 9! But let me just say the next 3 days were rough...al i can say is, Music City here we come!

I'm proud! Also, heard it went great last night! Prayed for you:) Talk soon:)