Saturday, June 21, 2008

"you know the cockroaches from MIB? i think they live in my toilet..."

good morning from rustin, louisiana! yep, this officially marks the halfway point of my summer...the jury's still out as to whether that's a good or bad thing. but, we're in a new place, out of talladega, so i'm excited to see what's going to happen. here at LA tech, we're going to have our biggest camps yet. 1500 & 2400 students if you're keeping up with numbers... still don't know how i'm going to do rec with a squad of almost 300, but we'll figure something out, i'm sure. i mean, i'm no rookie anymore!

last week was a great week at camp. wade morris was our speaker, and it was so so so good to see a familiar face. wade and i go way back and it was great getting to catch up with him and just have a sense of grounding, knowing someone OUTSIDE of CAMP. there was a church from knoxville there last week too, so i felt like i had a little piece of home there with me. :) also, i found out that i'm going to get to see my brother & sister in law while i'm in toccoa falls, which will be AWESOME. i had a bit of homesickness the other morning, but i'm pushing on, knowing that God is guiding me through this summer and He has bigger plans for me.

i'm getting some crazy tan lines this summer...i wish i had my camera cord so i could upload a picture of my chaco tan (it's pretty sweet if i do say so myself), but i also have a pretty nasty farmer's tan and i've brought a whole new meaning to the word "redneck." but, that's what camp is all about i guess, and what would you expect from a girl who spends 6-7 hours everyday outside? :)

yesterday we loaded out and had our first travel day on the road as a team. i drove for about 4 hours of the way to rustin, and had never been more excited to find an exit with a starbucks in my life. we finally got to our apartments (yes, i have my very own space for two whole weeks) around 1:30 this morning, and...bum ba bum...GOT TO SLEEP IN AS LATE AS WE WANTED!!! it was the most amazing feeling in the world when i woke up around 8, looked at my watch, then promptly rolled over and fell back asleep for a couple more hours. today we have a complete day off...no work AT ALL. we're even saving load-in for tomorrow. so i'm enjoying my Sabbath by just chillin out as much as possible.

campers get here monday, so look for a post about my crazy packed next two weeks! lata!

No comments: