Thursday, May 8, 2008

good morning!

okay, so i am so so so excited about today! my best friend is MOVING HOME!!! i haven't seen jordyn since AUGUST and she's coming to stay at my house for the whole summer!!! (i know, i'll only be here for the next 18 days, but whatev.) so in honor of jordyn's return, here are my thoughts on my amazing best friend.

you now those people who just know you deep down? the people that you don't even really have to use words to communicate anymore because you're connected at the heart? that's the way me and jordyn are. she knows me better than anyone else on this planet, probably a little better than i know myself.

jordyn was an answer to a prayer in my life. when i was in middle school i prayed to God for a "Christian best friend" someone that i could share my walk with God with and have tons of adventures together. my eighth grade year, jordyn moved here from florida so her dad could be the new youth pastor at our church. it was funny cause her mom actually called me and asked me to hang out with jordyn cause she was new...yada yada...well, we ended up going shopping in knoxville or something, but the rest is history!

even though there's a two year difference, i've never felt a closer bond. she really is like my sister and i consider her family my family too. when i turned 16 i started driving us to school every morning and the summer before my senior year we went on a mission trip to mexico that forever changed both of us. that christmas she moved to bristol (about an hour away, if you hurry) and it was neat because i think that just made our friendship stronger. nothing changed, except i just spent a million dollars that spring driving to bristol every weekend and a million more hours on I81 between our towns.

jordyn is the one i call when my world gets turned upside down or if i need someone to tell me that i'm right, they're wrong, and the rest of the world just sucks. :) she knows when i need her too. like last week, i was driving, venting some frustration and she called out of the clear blue and first thing she asked was "are you okay? i just felt like i needed to call you and tell you everything is going to be okay." she takes care of me and would do absolutely anything in the world for me. AND SHE'S COMING HOME TODAY! i love my sister so much and CAN'T WAIT to see her!

No comments: