Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the beginning of the end...

okay, so today it hit me just today for the first time that this is my last year at carson-newman. it's sad and scary on a few different levels.
sad because CN represents all the comfort of home to me. i mean, i've been at, around, or a part of the newman for as long as i can remember...always coming here to play some sport or another and always football games in the fall. when my big brother started here, it was so much fun to act like i was a college student and come hang out with him on the weekends. and my own 4 years there have been nothing short of amazing. its where i've met so many lifelong friends, where i've had so many adventures, decided on a future career, and become the young woman God has called me to be. its weird and slightly overwhelming that i'm entering the twilight of my time with everything i've ever known. and scary too.
scary because right now, i have 3 applications out for the next phase of my life--physical therapy school-- and the admissions people there are literally holding my future in their hands. they will be the ones determining where i'm going to be for the next 3 years after i graduate in MAY (!)...
it makes me want to take every precious second that i have and put in a bottle or somewhere special where i can hold on to them forever. every adventure, every warm saturday afternoon at the stadium..i just want to stop time and be able to cherish the memories...
anyways, enough sob stories from me.... happy last month of summer!

No comments: